Our high precision industrial radiography services provide quick and accurate insight to validate internal features.
As no one single industrial radiography system can effectively scan and inspect every part in industry, Jesse Garant Metrology Center utilizes a number of systems of various sizes and energies. This allows us to match every inspection project with the proper radiography system, so we can obtain the highest quality of data at a competitive price. Although we are a lab-based company, our process and facilities are setup to handle low volume projects all the way up to projects for hundreds of thousands of parts.
Contact us with your objective, material, size, and quantity of parts to inspect.
Our experienced staff will work with you perform a free feasibility study and finalize a quote.
Ship parts to our facility via your preferred courier either ground or next day air.
We perform the scanning, analysis, and relay the results to you in a predetermined format.
Radiography System Capabilities
Micro Focus Radiography
Our micro focus Industrial radiography systems comprise of the following energies; 100kv, 140kv, 160kv, 225kv, and 450kv. All systems are configured to accommodate various part sizes and materials.
High Energy Radiography
Our high energy Industrial radiography systems utilize 3MEV linear accelerator sources. These types of systems allow inspection of mid-sized parts up to several feet in size.
Jesse Garant Metrology Center was initially founded as a CT Scanning Service company. Current energies for tomography services range from 80kv to 3MEV. Our diverse CT scanning capabilities allow us handle the majority of internal inspection needs for industry.
Once radiographic images are obtained, our quality engineers provided non-biased “go / no-go” results for suspect parts.
Types of Analysis Available
2D Radiographic Inspection:
With the newest radiography equipment available, performing accurate, high-resolution industrial radiography is simple and straightforward at Jesse Garant Metrology Center. This type of radiography is typically used for imaging of internal failures, fit and function, porosity, etc.
Cross sectional Radiographic Inspection:
This inspection type is performed by taking a single CT scan slice at a predetermined location. The data provides an unobstructed view of internal components precisely at the location of the slice. This analysis requires a CT scan to be performed.
Oblique Radiographic Inspection:
2D radiographic images are taken at different angles or viewing planes. Our versatile machines can handle a wide range of angles and orientations, depending on project requirements.
Real-time Radiographic Inspection:
A feature of industrial radiography technology is the ability to capture motion within an assembly during an active cycle. Data for this process is captured in video format for real-time or slow motion playback.
- Why use Jesse Garant Metrology Center?
- Dedication to handle small inspection projects
- *24/7 operation for time sensitive rush projects
- Large radiography chambers to handle a variety of parts
- *Bar coding to archive images and provide traceability
- *Saved digital x-ray images for reference and future review
- *Double operator validation for stringent inspection projects
- *Facilities and capabilities to handle large go/no go inspection projects over 100,000 parts
- Largest and most diverse digital radiography service company in North America
- Experienced technicians who develop a customized inspection process for each project
- How are the results reported back to me?
- After radiography are taken, results for the end client are relayed in one of three ways. For detailed radiography projects with reporting requirements, radiography images are provided to the customer with correlating data to the part number and angle taken. For real-time radiography projects, a video is obtained correlating data to the part number and angle taken. For high volume radiography projects, we provide go/no go inspection services where we approve “good” parts for release back into production and quarantine “bad” parts according to a specific inspection process we develop with the customer.
- There’s no “one size fits all” when it comes to pricing. Our technical staff will first review your project’s objective in detail, so that the price you are given remains competitive while still achieving the highest quality possible. Pricing for premium timing is available upon request.
To begin, contact us to receive a formal quote in as little as 24 hours.
- Frequently Asked Questions
- What is the timing for projects?
Our typical timing for projects is 5-10 business days. For projects of high volumes or detailed requirements, our timing increases. For projects requiring expedited or 24 hour turn around, we do offer this service for a premium charge.
What is the resolution of the Radiographic image?
The image resolution varies widely from the machine being used, resolution of the detector, spot size of the source, and size of image window. However, as a guideline, scan resolution ranges between 1 micron to 400 microns. During the quoting phase, image resolution can be provided to the customer prior to any scanning.
How are the parts fixtured during the Radiography process?
Since parts are scanned in a Free State environment and physical reference planes are not needed for the scan itself, most fixturing is performed with low density material. For multiple parts requiring a highly repeatable setup, robust tooling fixtures or 3d printed fixtures are developed on a case by case basis.
Can multiple parts be inspected at the same time?
Yes. Depending on the customer’s objective and the resolution required to effectively image out the results, Jesse Garant Metrology Center always attempts to image multiple parts at once to reduce the overall cost of the project.
How long does a Radiographic image take?
The average image typically takes 5s to complete. However due to radiation shielding requirements or the size of part, additional time is required for loading and unloading the part.
In what file format are the initial results captured?
How large are the Radiographic image files?
Radiography images typically range from 500k to 10MB in size.
Can you Radiography a part while it’s in motion?
Yes. Please see above for real-time Radiography capture
Can you Radiography a part hot or cold?
Yes. Custom inspection processes and fixtures can be developed between the customer and our engineers to obtain a desired environmental temperature.
Does the scan leave residual radiation in the part?
Does the part heat up?
Are our Industrial Radiographic systems portable?
No. We utilize cabinet based systems with electrically generated x-rays and digital detectors. These are best suited for lab based environments.
Do you sell industrial Radiographic inspection systems?
No. We are strictly a part inspection service company specializing in non-destructive testing.
Over the years we have grown our internal database to span across various industries, parts types, and materials. Click a link to learn more.
Radiography Outsourcing Reasons
As most clients identify radiography inspection for failure investigation, there are actually several other ways this technology can benefit companies internally. Click to learn more on how radiographic inspection services can further benefit your company.
Jesse Garant Metrology is committed to educating our customers about the technology behind our services. For more information on industrial radiography, including an introduction to radiographic inspection and its applications, see the following resources: