Our high precision digital x-ray services provide definitive results to reintroduce “good” parts back in to production.
Jesse Garant Metrology Center is the leading high volume digital x-ray inspection company in North America for sorting large lots of parts and assemblies. As no one single x-ray system can effectively scan and inspect every part in industry, we utilize a number of systems of various sizes and energies. This allows us to match every inspection project with the proper x-ray system, so we can obtain the highest quality of data at a competitive price. Although we are a lab based company, our process and facilities are setup to handle low volume projects all the way up to production part projects for millions of parts. Regardless of a recall, warranty issue, quarantined lot, or isolated batch our services are available to reintroduce “good” parts back into production. Our robust bar code logging process is traceable and allows for easy image correlation for multiple piece inspection projects.
Our Industrial X-ray Services Advantage
- Dedication to handle small inspection projects under 5000 parts
- *24/7 operation for time sensitive rush projects
- Large x-ray chambers to handle a variety of parts
- *Bar coding to archive images and provide traceability
- *Saved digital x-ray images for reference and future review
- *Double operator validation for stringent inspection projects
- *Facilities and capabilities to handle large go/no go inspection projects over 1 million parts
- Largest and most diverse digital x-ray service company in North America
- Experienced technicians who develop a customized inspection process for each project
*Denotes chargeable upgrades at the client’s request
Industrial X-Ray System Capabilities
Micro Focus X-ray
As the largest digital x-ray service company in North America we utilize a number of micro focus x-ray systems ranging in energy from 80kv to 450kv. Our extensive capabilities allow us to pair each project with the right x-ray system allowing us to generate the highest quality results.
High Energy X-ray
High Energy X-Ray capabilities allow us to scan large parts for which smaller micro focus x-ray systems cannot penetrate. Equipped with 3 MEV linear accelerators our high energy systems are able to generate clear internal data for large parts requiring inspection.
Jesse Garant Metrology Center was initially founded as a CT Scanning Service company. Current energies for tomography services range from 80kv to 3MEV. Our diverse CT scanning capabilities allow us handle the majority of internal inspection needs for industry.
Once data is obtained, all of our x-ray images are reviewed by our highly trained and experienced staff. By controlling the entire process, including the reporting formats, we are able to ensure the customers objectives are met each and every time.
Types of X-ray Scanning Analyses Available:
2D X-Ray Inspection:
With the latest in radiography equipment available today, performing high resolution and accurate digital x-rays is a very simple function with the equipment at Jesse Garant Metrology Center. This type of x-ray is typically used to image out internal failures, fit and function, porosity, etc.
Cross sectional X-Ray Inspection:
This process is performed by taking a single CT scan slice at a predetermined location. The results allow for an unobstructed view of internal components precisely where the section slice was taken.
3D X-Ray Inspection:
This process is performed by taking 2D x-ray images at various angles or viewing planes. Due to the versatility of our equipment the number of 3D x-ray slices is virtually limitless and is 100% project dependent.
Real-time X-Ray Inspection:
As we only use digital x-ray equipment, one aspect of this technology is the ability to capture motion inside an assembly during a cycle or activation. Results for this process are captured in a video format for real-time or slow motion playback.
- How are the results reported back to me?
- After x-rays are taken, results for the end client are relayed in one of three ways. For detailed x-ray projects with reporting requirements, x-ray images are provided to the customer with correlating data to the part number and angle taken. For real-time x-ray projects, a video is obtained correlating data to the part number and angle taken. For high volume x-ray projects, we provide go/no go inspection services where we approve “good” parts for release back into production and quarantine “bad” parts according to a specific inspection process we develop with the customer.
- There’s no “one size fits all” when it comes to pricing . A qualified project manager will develop a feasibility study, so that the price you are given remains competitive while still achieving the highest quality data possible.
Speak to an project manager today, to get a free quote or to answer any questions you may have before requesting a quote.
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Do you sell X-ray systems?
No. We are strictly a part inspection service company.
How do you achieve high quality results?
As no one single x-ray system can effectively scan and inspect every part in industry, we utilize a number of systems of various sizes and energies. In the event we are unable to meet your projects objective with one of our many stand-alone x-ray systems, we have the knowledge and capabilities to customize all of our x-ray systems to further enhance our service offering.
Do you provide on-site x-ray services?
Do you provide film based inspection?
What is the resolution of the X-ray images?
The scan resolution varies widely from the machine being used, resolution of the detector, spot size of the source, and size of scanning window. However as a range scan resolutions vary from 1 micron to .32mm. During the quoting phase, scan resolution can be provided to the customer prior to scanning.
Does the part heat up?
Does the x-ray leave residual radiation in the part?
Can you x-ray a part while it’s in motion?
Yes. Please see our information on our real-time x-ray listed above
Can you x-ray a part hot or cold?
Yes. Custom scanning processes and fixtures can be developed between the customer and our analysts to obtain a desired environmental temperature.
In what file format are the initial results captured?
RAW. After initial image acquisition imaging file formats can be exported such as JPEG, GIF, TIF, and MOV.
How large are the x-ray image files?
X-ray images typically range from 1MB to 20MB in size
NDT & Metrology Applications
Jesse Garant Metrology Center has performed tens of thousands of scans for companies in varied industries who manufacture parts varying in size and produced from different materials.
Contact one of our project managers for more details relating to your specific needs.
Part Inspection Life-cycle Management™
Our extensive knowledge and experience has allowed us to develop a robust inspection process that supports a part manufacturer’s need to quickly make qualified decisions at key stages throughout a part’s life-cycle. To learn more about our solutions, contact our business development team.
Pre-production part inspection services
Production part inspection services
Part failure investigation services
Part Sorting & Lot inspection services
Reverse engineering services for industrial parts