The range of designs for plastics pose challenges for their proper inspection, this is why Industrial CT Scanning services are ideal for validation and qualification of these types of parts
Our advanced imaging systems can easily handle inspection of plastic parts of a range of sizes, shapes, and densities. We provide quick accurate validation of complex part dimensions and identification of internal defects, ensuring quality standards are met every time.
Our NDT lab has the greatest diversity of industrial computed tomography systems in North America, including an exclusive high-energy CT system for inspection of larger plastic parts up to 44.5” in diameter by 63” inches in height. We also offer radiographic testing services for high volume part sorting and 3D scanning for external imaging. Our inspection process is repeatable, traceable, and customized for client needs, providing accurate and unbiased data
Advanced Nondestructive Testing of Plastics
Detailed Inspection of Plastics Components
We provide detailed inspection data for failure analysis, identifying inconsistent wall thicknesses and defects like porosity. We also conduct pre-production and production inspection to validate dimensions for FAI, perform radiographic lot inspection of quarantined warranty or recalled parts, provide reverse engineering for design feedback, and actual/nominal comparisons for checking out of tolerance features.
Our advanced NDT systems tackle inspection of the wide range of plastic and polymer materials, including thermoplastics (polypropylene, polyurethanes, ABS, etc.), bioplastics, and specialist and high-performance plastics like PEEK and PTFE.
We’ve inspected a variety of plastic parts and components, including:
- Automotive plastic parts like molded fuel tanks, bumpers, panels, and seating assemblies
- Lightweight structural plastics for air transport and aerospace applications
- Carbon-fiber reinforced plastics and nylon components in defense and military products
- High strength polymers in prosthetics, orthotics, and other medical devices
- Molded plastic components manufactured by a variety of methods, including blow molding, reaction injection molding, over molding, multi shot molding, and multi cavity molding