The versatility and speed of industrial computed tomography make this service an ideal choice for quickly validating complex part dimensions and identifying internal defects
Our industrial CT systems, for example, inspect a great range of ferrous and non-ferrous metals of varying densities without needing to destroy parts prior to testing. It is thus optimal for inspecting complex castings and 3D printed metal parts, rendering highly detailed volumetric models for useful analyses like actual to nominal comparisons.
We have the greatest diversity of industrial computed tomography systems in North America, including an exclusive high-energy CT system for rapid inspection of larger and denser metal parts and assemblies up to 44.5” in diameter by 63” inches in height. We also offer x-ray testing services for large volume part sorting and 3D scanning for external imaging. Our inspection process is repeatable, traceable, and customized for client needs, providing unbiased data for all stages of manufacturing.
Advanced Nondestructive Testing of Metal & Alloy Parts
Internal Inspection of Metals
Our advanced NDT services tackle inspection of the wide range of metal parts and materials, including aluminum, magnesium, titanium, Inconel, brass, copper, and high strength steel. We provide accurate inspection data for failure analysis, identifying inconsistent wall thicknesses and defects like porosity, cracks and inclusions. We also conduct pre-production and production inspection to validate dimensions for FAI and ensure optimal manufacturing, perform lot inspection of quarantined, warranty, or recalled parts in sorting applications, and provide reverse engineering of metal and alloy parts.
Our advanced imaging lab has inspected a variety of metal parts and components, including:
- Lightweight castings of key structural parts for defense, military, aerospace, and space applications
- Machined and sintered parts in consumer and medical devices
- Valves and compressor parts for oil & gas and energy industries
- Cast engine blocks, cylinder heads, die cast components, welded or brazed components, and hydroformed metal tubes for automotive industries
- Critical investment castings, sand castings, and 3D printed parts like fuel nozzles, housings, and turbine blades for aerospace